Though I have always known intuitively, and through physical experience, that we are all one at the most fundamental level, the more I read about quantum physics and the principle of entanglement, the more I realize that I can have a beneficial impact on ‘the world’ in so many ways. Starting by working on myself and by imparting kindness to ‘others’ (and to myself) whenever I have the opportunity to do so, I can, and do indeed, change the world. Every time I greet a stranger with sacred attention (unconditional love and total acceptance and non-judgement) and impart kindness, I contribute to the peace and harmony that is our natural state. Every time I use harsh speech or think judgmental thoughts or perceive myself as separate from everything else, I contribute to disharmony and the illusion of separation between humanity and the planet, between the mind and the body.
This is just a quick list of resources. It is worth noting that thousands of individuals and non-profit organizations are working around the globe, at the micro and macro level, towards a better future and that many countries already produce large percentages of their energy requirements through renewable sources. Everyday more and more people are waking up to the interconnectedness of all life – which inevitably leads to the desire to align one’s behaviors with the interests of the planet and the well-being of all life.
What can I do today to help?
- Shop at the farmers market, or try to buy local produce (this is the lowest impact in terms of pollution and strain on natural resources). Take my own shopping bags with me.
- Buy organically grown food (as this minimizes the impact of fertilizers and pesticides on myself and all life on the planet).
- Start a community co-op – eg tool library, crop swap etc.
- Subscribe to socially conscious independent media (eg – Yes Magazine).
- Host a documentary movie night around an issue I would like to share with others.
- Work on myself in order to release the energy stored in my old hurts, judgements and resentments. Forgive myself and others.
- Call my local and national government representative to find out what is being done to move forward and call my local environmental non-profit to find out how I can speed things up.
THINGS I CAN DO TO BROADEN MY FRAME OF REFERENCE AND AWARENESS I.T.O. THE CURRENT SCIENTIFIC REALITY OF THE EARTH.
READ (AS A STARTING POINT):
- Future of Life – by E.O. Wilson
- Hidden Messages in Water – by Dr Masaru Emoto
- Deep Truth – by Greg Braden
- Dancing Wu Li Masters – by Gary Zukav
WATCH (AS A STARTING POINT):
- “What the bleep do we know… “
- IUCN VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo51Re1JO4U
- Capitalism: A Love Story (available on Netflix).
- The Great Laws of Nature: Indigenous Organic Agriculture Documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn1ym5r7pqg
- Introduction to Permaculture Design with Geoff Lawton:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VTtnq1A0Is
- Introduction to Permaculture:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA7m16SckG4
FOOD AND FOOD PRODUCTION AWARENESS – DOCUMENTARIES AVAILABLE ON NETFLIX:
Forks over Knives
Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead
FIND OUT ABOUT:
Ethical Shopping Websites and ethical food choices:
And many more…
And thousands more…